Mell Square wants to keep you updated with the latest news regarding our retailers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As retailers continue to adapt to these unprecedented times, many have changed their business model in response to the pandemic by implementing measures such as offering take away service and direct deliveries.
There are also a number of retailers that remain open but are operating within different opening hours, so to avoid disappointment please check with individual retailers, and their social media channels and websites, before travelling.
Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support.
The following stores have amended their current opening hours, or have changed their normal practises:
• Boots will now be open 9am-5:30pm (Mon-Sat) and (10:30am-4:30pm). Please note that the store will be closed daily between 2:30pm and 3:30pm for restocking. Beauty concessions are now temporarily closed until further notice.
• Savers is open 10am-5:00pm (Mon-Sat) and closed on Sunday.
• Sainsbury’s is now open between 7:30am-6pm Mon-Sat and 11am-5pm on Sunday. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:00am-09.00am, will be dedicated to serving elderly customers, disabled customers and carers. NHS and social care workers will be able to shop for half an hour before the store opens (Mon-Sat). An NHS ID must be shown.
• Marks and Spencer is operating within normal business hours. The first hour of trade will be dedicated to supporting the elderly and the vulnerable (Monday & Thursday) and NHS & emergency workers (Tuesday & Friday). All deliveries are now only accepting contactless payments. Collect By Car service is still fully operational. The M&S Café has been closed until further notice.
• Grape Tree is open 9:00am-3:00pm (Mon-Sat) and 10am-4pm (Sun).
• Boots Opticians will be temporarily closed until further notice from 25.03.20.
• Barclays is open 9am-4pm (Mon-Fri).
• Perspective Opticians is open for emergencies and appointments only, but contact lenses can still be ordered for delivery to your home address. If you have any eye health or vision concerns, or urgent issues with your spectacles, please call 0121 709 1000 between 10:00am-12:00pm (Mon-Fri) for advice or email email@example.com. If you have any urgent eye or vision issues you should call The Birmingham & Midland Eye Centre (BMEC) Eye casualty triage at City Hospital on 0121 507 6780.
• WHSmith and Post Office is now open 9:00am-3:00pm (Mon-Fri) and 9:00am-12:30pm (Sun).
• WHSmith is currently offering 20% discount on food and drinks for NHS staff.
Please refer to the Mell Square Instagram, Twitter and Facebook pages for more information on opening hours and store changes, as well as how you can continue to support our retailers online.
Visit @mellsquare on Instagram with a live story highlight which displays the most recent store changes.