Mell Square wants to keep you updated with the latest news regarding our retailers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As retailers continue to adapt to these unprecedented times, many have changed their business model in response to the pandemic by implementing measures such as offering take away service and direct deliveries.
There are also a number of retailers that remain open but are operating within different opening hours, so to avoid disappointment please check with individual retailers, and their social media channels and websites, before travelling.
Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support.
The following stores have amended their current opening hours or have changed their normal practises:
• Boots will now be open 9am-5:30pm (Mon-Sat) and (10:30am-4:30pm). Please note that the store will be closed daily between 2:30pm and 3:30pm for restocking. Beauty concessions are now temporarily closed until further notice.
• Savers is open 9am-5:00pm (Mon-Sat) and 10am-4pm (Sunday)
• Sainsbury’s is open between 8:00am-8:00pm Mon-Sat and 11am-5pm on Sunday. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:00am-09.00am, will be dedicated to serving elderly disabled customers. Between 7.30am and 8:00am Monday – Saturday, the store will be open to NHS and Social Care workers with a relevant pass or ID.
• Marks and Spencer is operating within normal business hours. The first hour of trade will be dedicated to supporting the elderly and the vulnerable (Monday & Thursday) and NHS & emergency workers (Tuesday & Friday). All deliveries are now only accepting contactless payments. Collect By Car service is still fully operational. The M&S Café has been closed until further notice. M&S has now also partnered with Deliveroo.
• Grape Tree is open 9:00am-3:00pm (Mon-Sat) and 10am-4pm (Sun).
• Barclays is open 9am-2pm (Mon-Fri).
• Perspective Opticians is open for emergencies and appointments only, but contact lenses can still be ordered for delivery to your home address. If you have any eye health or vision concerns, or urgent issues with your spectacles, please call 0121 709 1000 between 10:00am-12:00pm (Mon-Fri) for advice or email email@example.com. If you have any urgent eye or vision issues you should call The Birmingham & Midland Eye Centre (BMEC) Eye casualty triage at City Hospital on 0121 507 6780.
• WHSmith and Post Office is now open 9:00am-3:00pm (Mon-Fri) and 9:00am-12:30pm (Sun).
• WHSmith is currently offering 20% discount on food and drinks for NHS staff.
• The Cake Artists is offering a limited range of cakes and collection slots. Visit the website for more information.
• Taste Collective – please visit Taste Collective’s social channels for updates on which food vendors are offering a delivery service.
• Vita – visit Vita’s social channels for more information on how to purchase coffee beans.
• Green’s – bottled cocktails delivered to your door. Visit greens-solihull.co.uk for more details.
• Dunelm has carefully reopened its Mell Square store with social distancing and safety measures in place. Click & Collect Contact-Free is also available with collection in 24 hours. The store is open 9am – 6pm (Mon-Sat) and 10:30am-4:30pm on Sunday.
The following stores are offering an online shop and delivery:
• Carluccio’s Deli
• Cotswold Outdoor
• Dorothy Perkins
• Farrow & Ball
• Fat Face
• Le Creuset
• Lesley Ashworth
• Mountain Warehouse
• New Look
• Photo Zone
Please refer to the Mell Square Instagram, Twitter and Facebook pages for more information on opening hours and store changes, as well as how you can continue to support our retailers online.
Visit @mellsquare on Instagram with a live story highlight which displays the most recent store changes.